The Town of Wellfleet
To the outside world we’re best known as an unspoiled summer resort with miles of pristine Cape Cod beaches -- but Wellfleet offers many things, in many seasons:
- An autumn sail on the pristine waters of Cape Cod Bay
- A winter’s evening of professional theater or live music
- A glass of wine with noted artists at a springtime gallery opening
- A morning of storytelling for kids and parents at the Wellfleet library
- An afternoon stretching your muscles and mind in tai chi on the beach
- A fresh-shucked world-famous Wellfleet oyster almost anytime
Whether you’re visiting for the first or 100th time, just moved to town or were born here, you’ve got a lot to discover.
Wellfleet still retains the look and feel of a classic Cape Cod village, with its quaint town center, whitewashed New England houses, and unspoiled landscape. Renowned worldwide for its oysters, Wellfleet also is home to numerous other attractions: galleries showing well-known artists, Zagat-rated restaurants, a professional contemporary theater, a wonderful drive-in that seems a throwback from days gone by. And a dynamic community that makes Wellfleet a thriving place to visit or live.
We are also home to the Cape Cod National Seashore, a Massachusetts Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary, and other protected land, maintaining a pristine natural environment full of beautiful marshes, pitch pines, scrub oak and bayberry interplaying with coastal dunes and seashore. Our ever-changing landscape changes through the seasons, and almost every view is worthy of a painting, every day of the year.